COLLEGE OF NURSING
*Recognized by Indian Nursing Council,MNC and Affiliated to D.A.V.V. Indore. Accredited NAAC Grade “B”
SDPS Women’s College Indore, was set up in the year 2003 under the aegis of Shrimati Dhairya Prabhadevi Sojatia Women’s Welfare Society with an affiliation to the renowned SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai. SDPS College of Nursing started in the year 2006-2007 after receiving no objection form the Government of Madhya Pradesh, Higher Education, Nursing Councils and Devi Ahilya Vishwa Vidyalaya. At present total 154 B.Sc. and ANM students are getting training.
It is said “If the environment is healthy, the mind and body is healthy”. We have well ventilated spaciuous classrooms with seating capacity for 60- 75 students in each class. Well equipped Fundamentals laboratory, Nutrition Lab, Maternal and Child Health Lab, Anatomy Museum and an auditorium having seating capacity of 450-500 are the infrastructural facilities.
We believe “Practice make person perfect” for this students are given the opportunity to work in M.Y. Medical College Hospital for their clinical practice.
We are offering B.Sc Nursing and AN.M. course for professional education and training to young girls and making them capable to provide preventive, promoting, curative and rehabilitative care to individual, family and society at hospital and community level.
Inculcate in the student not only knowledge but moral responsibilities, dedication and ethics required in nursing profession.
“Women’s Empowerment through education” is the Mission statement of the institute. We believe that an educated woman changes the scenario of the family and the nation. Highly educated and qualified teachers assume responsibility in providing nursing education to diverse students. Qualified M.Sc (N) teachers teach students in classroom, hospitals, and community.
Shrimati Dhairya Prabha Devi Sojathia Nursing College has the mission of “Wommen’s empowerment through education”. We believe that an educated woman changes the scenario of the family and the nation. We the faculty of the nursing college assume responsibilities in providing nursing education to young girls who have come to adopt this profession which is based on theory and scientific principles.
The faculty will strive to inculcate in the students not only knowledge but moral responsibilities, dedication and ethics required in nursing profession. The faculty is preparing nurses who can accept the new challenges in health care system, provide better care with feeling of kindness and respect to humankind who are sick and well.
B.Sc.Nursing course is aimed at preparing the graduates who will have sound theoretical knowledge, skilled in nursing practice and able to provide holistic nursing care to sick and well. They will be prepared to practice standard nursing.
ANM course is to prepare an ANM to function at community level/ village with specific skills to fulfill the health needs of the community. She will be an active link between the community and the health care system.
SDPS College of nursing helps the women to get higher status in society by providing them professional education and training. It broadens career opportunities for women both in country and abroad which helps them to become independent socially and financially.
- To apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- To demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, which affect health of individuals and groups.
- To practice interdisciplinary approach in providing nursing care.
- To promote the students to conduct the need based research studies in various settings of health care.
- To demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality of care.
- To provide preventive, promotive, curative and restorative health services in line with the National health policies and programmes.
- To communicate effectively with individual and groups and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationship and team work.
- To demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals groups in clinical community health settings.
- To create awareness, interest and contribute towards advancement of self and of the profession.
A graduate B.Sc Nurse will have opportunities:
- For Higher Education – M.Sc Nursing, M.Phil, Ph.D, Master in Hospital Administration.
- To work as care provider for individual and family at hospital and community.
- To work as an educator in nursing institutions.
- To pursue short term courses in specialized clinical field in nursing.
- Bachelors of Science (B.Sc.)- Nursing
Duration: 4 years including Internship
Eligibility: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English as main subjects and 45% as per INC
- Masters of Science (M.Sc.)- Nursing
Duration: 2 years including Internship
Eligibility: B.Sc in Nursing with 55% as per INC
- Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery (A.N.M.)
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: 10+2 in any stream as per INC
Recognized by Indian Nursing Council, MNC | Affiliated to DAVV, Indore